The nature of balance in our lives...

Dennis_Harmon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny you brought it up, Dennis, I just heard back from a friend I had told my recent climbing exploits to; someone whose judgement I value highly. She told me to climb my heart out, and if the person I am with can't appreciate the happiness it is bringing me, and into the relationship, then move on. I have the luxury of being single and childless, but it made an impact on me. Life is too short to live it unhappily.

that easy dennis.... you dont have any of the aforementioned items (wife, family, job,$$$) works for me.... (and yes joey, those elipses [or would those be elipsi?] were just for you)

oh and by the way....those are not necessities....they are merely baggage....

[ 07-12-2002, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: RedMonk ]

I have children and a partner. We both climb. It is challenging, but as a family we make time for what is important. alot of our family time is spent climbing partly because the kids enjoy it too. life is for living... part of that for us as a family is climbing. We try and make it fun for the kids, an adventure. our 6yr old has a harness, they love to boulder and play in the dirt. We often climb with people who like our children, it is easier if we have a third...we also have some time where we climb seperatly, and we rely on grand parents and other friends who watch the kids for us on occasion so JK and I can climb alone together. We have made alot of sacrifices so that I can be home with our children while they are small, but because I don't work we have time on the weekends to play. Nothing is ever fare or even and there are times when we just have to leave a climb because the kids are done. But I can't imagine our lives being any other way.