Ingraham Direct ski April 10/11

pete_a

Hoping to ski the Ing. Direct route this weekend, we're just a team of two right now.

Wondering if anyone else has plans to try a ski descent this weekend and would like to partner up. Preference would be to find another independent group in case pace/etc isn't compatible.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Left Muir about 5am yesterday, topped out at around 11:30, started skiing down around noon, great conditions for climbin...snow coulda been better up high for skiing and my legs certainly coulda been in better shape for rainier. We skied/side slipped really hard snow down to about 500vf above the Ingraham headwall then put the crampons back on to descend the slope immediately above the headwall. Our legs were too tired to confidently ski the bumpy icey stuff that had an ice cliff and crevasses as the runout, though a friend of mine skied it just the day before, so its certainly do-able. Once below the crevasse/ice cliff we put the skis back on and the skiing was great down the Ingraham. Skiing to the car from Muir was painful and my legs felt like jelly.

So, we didn't ski the whole mountain, but we had fun, and it was a good reality check that I need to spend more time working out before trying to ski the Emmons this summer. tongue.gif