Kiteboard Gear - Cheap

boatskiclimbsail

'Tis the season!

Get a head start on the wind this season. I'm selling one of my kites because I recently replaced it with a newer model of the same size. I used it all last season, perfect for the light wind days on the columbia around Portland or any of the kiting areas in Seattle most all the time. Also selling my first board, learning to kiteboard on a small board is a nightmare. Do yourself a favor and start with a floaty one, eh?

Kite:

Naish Aero 10m inflatable, LE bladder professionally repaired and replaced with oversize from Airtime in Hood River.

Comes with Wipika bar, 4 spectra lines and air pump

$350

Board:

Hifly 6'6" directional kiteboard, 4 fins. I learned the ropes on this board, absolutely perfect for learning waterstarts and getting used to flying the kite. Not for high performance kiting, buy the $500 boards for that. This will get you flying in a hurry rather than swimming your 170 home. Board in almost new condition.

$80

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatcha got? :-)

Stuff I'm looking for:

-Another set of Smileys nuts

(not the huevos, I dig the smiles)

-Alien Hybrids

-Dolby 5.1 reciever

(mine got blown up at a party recently)

-Direct drive record player (strobe timed preferably)

-Asym. Spin for a Hobie 16

-Small-ish creek boat, displacement hull

-5+HP air compressor, 120v

-Cast iron table saw

-Small milling machine

-???

Can I upski on this thing? I want to ski the volcanoes....but they don't have chair lifts madgo_ron.gif

Seriously have you tried this? If feasible I would buy the gear. + how much lift would this give for jumping crevasses etc..

Beta -details...your name has climb and sail in it

You can indeed; people do it all the time up on Hood. I wouldn't call it a "climbing tool", and I certainly wouldn't be jumping crevasses with it. Pair it up with a snowboard though and you can sail on a glacier all day. A 10m wing (like this one) in a 15mph wind will yank you 50 feet in the air if you're not careful. In terms of feasibility, if you were a pro kiteboarder, of which there are a few dozen in the area, you could probably get up some easy mountains with it but it would take a hell of a lot of skill and suck pretty badly if you blew a bladder, broke a line or tore a wing.

Sold it this weekend in Hood River. There is always a market for used stuff though, as the sport is only 4 years old at this point and each generation of gear is way different than the last year's. I've got a few more wings I might be letting go soon.