Down Jacket Shell Fabrics @ Feathered Friends

mattyg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Volant jacket with Epic fabric. I've been very happy with it. I wwear it on the outside layer and it has been plenty water resistant during light snowfall.

The heavier fabrics are less breathable and could cause the down inside the coat to wet-out if your wearing it for an extended period.

I'd suggest the Epic. bigdrink.gif

This thread could be moved into the "Gear Critic" forum.

I'd also suggest Epic as the shell fabric. I would also suggest Pertex Quantum as the interior fabric. The Quantum has been plenty durable and breathable so eventually it will be our standard nylon if Pertex can make it more abundant.

Click Here to see all of the color combinations available.

Right now Pertex only can supply us with abnormal Quantum colors but at least we have enough Epic colors to match.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

e-mail me at customerservice@featheredfriends.com

-Tony

Edited by Crackbolter

• 2 weeks later...

I also went with the Epic on a Volant coat. I think it is a pretty good fabric choice all and all. I haven't had many problems with moisture getting in during normal conditiosn I would have my down coat on. Obviously I dont wear it during rainfall or something dumb like that.