Highway 97 - Smith Rock

TimL

Anybody climb this route before? It looks good but I've heard mixed reviews. Some say its ran out and hard while others say its awesome. Anybody have an opinion...beta? RuMR? E-Rock?

Edited by TimL

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Over by La Siesta? If so it is pretty good. I liked all those climbs ( at least the first pitches) in that area. Did it a long time ago so it is hard to remember. I don't think it is runout, but I thought Spartacus was mid 11 when I climbed it the first time andf you know what happened last time I was on it!

PP

I've done the first pitch hwy 97 before...i think it was .11c but has since broken and is checking in at 11+ or 12- now....there are other pitches in the 12c to 12 d range above...dunno about them though...

Distel, i think the route that you are thinking about is 5 ez pieces...i talked w/ the mighty dfa about those a couple of times...he was just inquiring about them over at smithrock.com the other week also, so he maybe has gotten on them by now...the first pitch of that is good as well....