Comment on: "A Stylish Guide (for Spray)"

RobBob

Minx, as much as I think you are cool thumbs_up.gif and like what you've had to say in the past...I have to comment on the Spray Style Guide:

1. It indicates further and further "regulation" of spray, the upshot of which can only be a further decline from the freewheeling, spontaneous fun of a year+ ago.

2. Taken literally, the "don't offend those who haven't attacked you" rule could eventually mean that we can't even joke about Mountie photos featuring people we don't know.

3. Moderation has already driven away (or at least greatly reduced the posting from) some of the funniest and most creative contributors to this site. Pretty soon you will have only the Sour Apple club left to exchange recipes with each other, or snipe at each other about whose politics isn't left enough, or who may be a closet anti-bolting neanderthal.

Don't get me wrong---a lot of you folks still here are entertaining, funny, and I've learned stuff from you. But some of you whiners must have forgotten along the way that we're avatars here, and it's the controversy, the extreme differences of opinion, and the irreverent attitudes of some avatars that kept it so interesting. Frankly, even the mounties are boring the umpteenth time around. By now, avatars trask and necro would have made sure several times over that we had new fare to be shocked by, to laugh at, or be pissed about.

Call me immature, but I miss trask's morning rant, or just calling somebody fugly.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

rob- the thing to remember here is that these are guidelines...not rules. just some thoughts from the mods as a group. i would've been perfectly happy to leave it at "what goes around comes around" most of this verbage comes from other mods. i thought a spray mod should be the one to post it.

we're not going to start banning and deleting and refering to a violation of "line 5 of the guidelines post" we're just trying to throw some stuff out there for people who don't seem to understand why their posts have been deleted.

like you said, we're all just avatars here...don't take this so seriously. it's just some ideas.

2. Taken literally, the "don't offend those who haven't attacked you" rule could eventually mean that we can't even joke about Mountie photos featuring people we don't know.

glissade.jpg

"So if you sit like this for about 2 hours, it will numb down your ass.... class, the leson we learned today is an important one. Never eat Charlie's freeze dried jalapeno chili!"