sewn quickdraw vs. tied webbing draw

telemarker

Here's another quesiton for anyone who has a freedom of the hills book. I was farting around and htink I found an answer to some problems I've had with long runners in general: First problem is that I look down and my biner is sitting perfectly sidways (crossloaded) on my long runner! Yech! I don't want to fall on that (especially since they're wiregates!) The second grumbling is that when I shorten them inot draws by passing one biner through the other, then clipping the other end (ok a terrible explaation, but if I siad folding in triple, you'de know what I meant, right?), the biner gets a muddled up and occationallt this turns into a mess when trying to one handed, off sided clip gear while resisitng fear...

One soluton I saw was to clip each biner through a half hitch-type knot on each end. What's that knot called thats sup[posed to be good for tying off pins? Anyways, I figured out how to adjust it so both biners are snug and not flopping around, and it's easy to undo the whole thing to turn it into a plain runner and biner setup (as oppsed ot the tape wrapped around the sling at the biner, which is hard to undo, and even harder to pt back together after undoing.) so any comments on this method and anyone with FOTH want to look up that strength reduction factor for me?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic