more on dope

Trillium

(reaaaaalllly long address, I know)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/RTGAMArticleHTMLTemplate/C/20020511/wxpris0511?hub=homeBN&tf=tgam%252Frealtime%252Ffullstory.html&cf=tgam/realtime/config-neutral&vg=BigAdVar iableGenerator&slug=wxpris0511&date=20020511&archive=RTGAM&site=Front&ad_page_name=breakingnews

Here's an excerpt:

"The correctional service, which has a zero-tolerance policy on drugs and alcohol, would continue to test for tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active ingredient in marijuana. But it would act on positive tests only when the drug use is considered to be a problem for an offender and there is concern about increased criminal risk. The proposal might, for example, lead to fewer people returned in prison for using marijuana after their release, and fewer disciplinary measures against prisoners who test positive.

The paper describes THC as a soft drug that sedates prisoners, reduces their propensity for violence and does not impair cognitive function and perception as other drugs and alcohol do. It says THC use does not lead to dependence, has few side effects, even with heavy use, and is not a gateway to more serious drugs such as cocaine and heroin. It also says there is only a weak relationship between THC and criminal activity."

I think this is the first time I've seen the effects of dope accurately represented by the media! [big Drink]

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic