seen this?

Mark_Husbands

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, the recipes are nonsense and the pot is small. however i noticed in a press release thingee that larger capacity pots are in the works. if all claims are true the thing could have advantages over other cartridge stoves in stability (since it all locks together), windproofness (if their shroud works) and fuel savings (if it is indeed so efficient).

someone buy this and test it please.

i've got one of those cook kits, but i can't convince myself to use the aluminum pots out of fear of getting Alzheimers. nice setup though.

The link between Al and Alzheimers is still being debated and many researchers believe that AL present in the brains of Alzheimers patients is a symptom rather than a cause.

Even if you choose to believe that there is a link the amount of Al you will get from cooking with Al pans is minimal, relative to the amount you'll absorb from; drinking tap water and showering/bathing in tap water (many water companies use Al componds during the purification process), some antacids and asprins, aerosol antiperspirants, the environment in general as Al is the third most common element in the Earth's crust.

Al is also pretty reactive so your Al pans are covered with a layer of largely inert Al oxide which isn't going to be readily released into your food unless it's very acidic or salty. Anodized Al pans further prevent release of the metal into food.

See:

Dispelling Myths about Alzheimer’s