Arm Injury

Doctorb

I messed my arm up playing air hockey. Pain at elbow and at base of forearm.

Here's how I can make it hurt the most:

-with arm @ 90deg, thumb up, rotate thumb outward. Max pain at max rotation.

-hand open facing body, arm at 90deg, extend arm. Cannot acheive full extension unless I force it, and it hurts like a mother fuck.

-palpate palm side of forearm, near elbow, outside of center. So if I put my fingers on that portion of my arm, and rotate the muscles outward, on the axis of the arm, this causes pain as well.

Thoughts? I hurt it about a month ago, and the pain seems to get worse, if anything. Ice/Ibu/rest, but any suggestions short of getting a new arm?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

most likely biceps brachii short head. find someone who does soft tissue release, it will take 5 minutes to have it fixed. you can help yourself by pressing onto coracoid process of the scapula, that's where it originates. also work on your brachialis. your pronator/supinator might be off too. ice your arm/shoulder to stop muscle spasm.

bend your elbow, press with your other thumb right above the joint (onto the biceps tendon) and with that pressure straighten your arm. do it 3-4 times and then work the whole upper arm with some circulatory massage. work also on the front of the shoulder, on your pectoralis minor and anterior deltoid.

Edited by glassgowkiss