TR: Touching the Void

tomtom

Much wisdom I see in Rodchester and Dmuja!! He is trying to take the moral high ground. If he wasn't he wouldn't have brought it up at all. That wasn't an opinion related to the movie but simply related to the sport.

That's like Ebert and Roeper saying... well immediately after seeing these black boys shooting each other in harlem you could imagine what ran through my mind. Me a white boy in a neighborhood that bakes cakes for each other. I could have easily critisized the film on these merits but instead I won't stand on the higher moral ground.

You can't critisize the event that the movies wrapped around but have to critisize the movie itself. Critisizing english people that climb is the same as critisizing gangsters that shoot each other. Your not dealing with the movie simply the circumstantial evidence surrounding the plot.

He may have a point that the film is more documentary based. But after spewing crap about english climbers at the beginning of his review, he has completely lost all merit to critisize the film on any other level!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh... Billygoat... you finally see my side.

" maybe he just had a bad case of gas... "

I think you might be on to something. You know when I watched "Gigli" I had to take the biggest dump, really didn't like the show. I guess it must have been the log in between my cheeks that caused the awful taste in my mouth.

HAHAHAHAHA

I know the sensation.

I would just like to say that I felt the review was well written, interesting, and judgemental, yet it had value for me. He articulated what others think when they hear that I like to go climbing and so does my son. I can see it in their eyes cantfocus.gif

My recollection is that Negroid refers to what is called a "kline" or "cline." This is a anthopological term that casts a very wide net over all that are genticaly related to what we in the US refer to as "blacks." Howevr I belive that it also covers many ohters, such as the Aborginals in Austruialia, and some in Southern India.

There is also another cline called caucasoid, meaning causasians (but more than just "whites" this includes Indians (India), Pakistanis, Persians, Ararbs, and most Europeans, and many others not considered "white."

There is another cline that in;cudes most of the folks that we refer to as "Asains."

But don't quote me...I'm just here for the beer.