• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Lambone

CM Aztar

I got a pair of these at MEC for my wife.... evils3d.gifyellaf.gifbigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

So far I really like them! Oh yeah, she does too...bigdrink.gif

Super light, a good swing, and the curve at the top gives enough clearance for funky ice.

Only gripe is they have these holes in them for the wanna be Charlet Android leash, they are plugged with little black plastic things. First day out one of the plugs got knocked inside the tool...so now there is a little plastic thing rattleing around in the shaft frown.gif Kinda lame, I'm considering sending it back. If you get Charlet Tools take the plastic things out right away.

Also, with the echange rate the way it is I think I may have ended up paying more for them at MEC then in the States. rolleyes.gif

Otherwise thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Those black plugs are on the axars as well and they fall out and then fill up with water or whatever so you should tape those holes up.

Yeah, i poped 'em all out and taped them up. Looks kinda ghetto, but should work.

The ratteling inside stopped out of the blue, so I'm thinking the little black plug is stuck somewhere in the shaft, but I'm expecting it to start ratteling again...

It looks ok, I just don't like how long the leash is. The andriods are bad enough about wrapping around everything and trying to drop screws when your pumped, I wouldn't want anything longer. But i'm sure they work fine once yoo are used to them. The black plugs definately suck though.

Regardless the tools are pretty cool. Cheap and light weight, plus the wanna-be-lockdown leash that it comes with works good too.