R&I notices PNW

Dru

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice shot of Colin. But why weren't Jim, Bob and I credited with the bivi site on J'Berg? I believe it's the one we made from scratch.

I don't think this article will attract hordes. Most people I know who have come from other parts of the country to climb here (Boulder, for example) are wasted by what the Cascades can dish out. John Race said it well. Many of them don't come back.

I'm sure this piece will have everyone lining up for J'Berg. Not. If the masses do come, the Marblemount Rangers better double their rescue budget.

John Sharp

I read through the article. I doubt it will inspire hordes. Hell, I live here, love the mountains, and it didn't inspire me any. Plus, the information wasn't exactly all that great. "...Permits are required for the summer season. Call the national park ranger station...for more information..." And that was a description for Cascade Pass and Boston Basin. Kind of left out that you can't camp at Cascade Pass and permits for Boston Basin can be real hard to come by. Maybe there was something good in the article that got cut out by the Colorado based editors. I'll give the author the benefit but overall [sleep]

I'd be more concerns about larger hordes descending on Squamish. If larger hordes are possible.