Give Me My Prescription Drugs

allthumbs

What’s to be made of the prescription drug hassle going on now?

The Republicans sign on to the biggest redistribution of wealth in history, and the Democrats are against because it is not big enough and they aren’t the moving force. We haven’t seen the real deal yet, but by all accounts the pols say its for $400B over ten years, but we know from history that it will really be more like $2T, yet the Democrats are there with their little placards and their paid protesters, and, get this, they are calling the AARP names.

There is no doubt that GWB promised the benefit and would not have been elected without that promise. He’d get pummeled if he didn’t make good the payoff to the richest age segment of society, and the further promises of the D’s would be staggering to behold. The bidding war for voters and subsequent payoffs has reached critical mass I am afraid.

So, how should we view this little drama as it unfolds? Maybe I ought to just sit back and hope for the most coming my way. Get what I can, and to hell with my grandkids kind of thinking. And what will the program actually look like and what affect it will have on the drug industry? If the government is paying the bills, you can bet they will take over the running of the industry. Do I trust the government to direct research and production of our drugs? Not if I want any new ones I don’t. But what the hell, I think I’ll just sit back, let you younger folks carry me, and not worry about it. After all, I’m alive, so I must deserve free drugs. That’s what we have all those terrific bureaucrats for. Gosh, I feel better now that I’ve thought it over.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic