Snow levels

eric8

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you guys going to bring a gps this time yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

wave.gif have fun !!

Me and Eric8 did the NE buttress today. We wanted to beat the crowds, so we arrived at the trailhead at 4 (am). We then proceeded to lose the entirely obvious, essentially paved track and wander around in the woods for an hour. Wait, it gets better! After about an hour, Eric says "Hey, I see a light there! Must be some people camping near the lake!" Two minutes later, I notice the light moving...I look closer, and it's a snowcat! We managed to walk in a circle, convinced we were heading up the valley! So after cussing ourselves roundly as idiots, etc, we headed up the trail again, only to lose it again! THIS time, however, we follow the compass, to make sure that we wouldn't walk in a circle. After a while of bushwhacking, we see headlamps, and hear voices. We thrash in that direction, to find the trail!

jja said:

Are you guys going to bring a gps this time yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

wave.gif have fun !!

Me and Eric8 did the NE buttress today. We wanted to beat the crowds, so we arrived at the trailhead at 4 (am). We then proceeded to lose the entirely obvious, essentially paved track and wander around in the woods for an hour. Wait, it gets better! After about an hour, Eric says "Hey, I see a light there! Must be some people camping near the lake!" Two minutes later, I notice the light moving...I look closer, and it's a snowcat! We managed to walk in a circle, convinced we were heading up the valley! So after cussing ourselves roundly as idiots, etc, we headed up the trail again, only to lose it again! THIS time, however, we follow the compass, to make sure that we wouldn't walk in a circle. After a while of bushwhacking, we see headlamps, and hear voices. We thrash in that direction, to find the trail!

No. hahaha.gifthe_finger.gifyellaf.gif