integral designs MK3

skyclimb

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used one on Ama Dablam. Worked great, I think the tube vents in the wall help. It is alittle narrower I think.

The only thing I don't like is how the screen door is on the outside. Snow and stuff sticks to it...

Also i think the floors are a bit thinner, so use a ground cover if you are pitching it on rocks. You can get a burlier floor material for extra $ and lbs.

cool tents, I'd like to own one.

I used to have the MK1XL but both the MK3 and MK1 have the same designs and fabric. I think Integral Designs makes nicer tents (I also have a Bibler I-tent, so I can compare them side by side). ID's tent has a thicker fabric, a tougher corner loop fabric. Setup is easier, too, just aim the pole to the corner and pop them up. As for Bibler, you gotta make sure to insert the pole tip into the metal buttons, which sometimes becomes a pain in the neck.

I also don't like the screen doors on the outside. It catches a lot of snow, but you can special order it with the screen door on the inside (that's one big plus for ID, you can have your tent customade according to your liking. Bibler does not offer that).

Hope it helps fruit.gif