I Didn't Know That

allthumbs

Most of the "facts" purported here on the subject "Mother" Teresa have received minuscule or no coverage from the press over the decades of laudatory reports. Is this how the press shapes our minds - more with omission than with commission? I wonder how "shaped" I am - probably completely.

She was a friend to the worst of the rich, taking misappropriated money from the atrocious Duvalier family in Haiti (whose rule she praised in return) and from Charles Keating of the Lincoln Savings and Loan. Where did that money, and all the other donations, go? The primitive hospice in Calcutta was as run down when she died as it always had been—she preferred California clinics when she got sick herself—and her order always refused to publish any audit...

...Many more people are poor and sick because of the life of MT: Even more will be poor and sick if her example is followed. She was a fanatic, a fundamentalist, and a fraud, and a church that officially protects those who violate the innocent has given us another clear sign of where it truly stands on moral and ethical questions.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2090083/#Her

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic