INDIAN CREEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

erik

PEOPLES THE BLM IS ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE THE WAY WE AS CLIMBERS ENJOY THE AREA.

HERE IS A LINK AND PLEASE COMMENT. THIS AREA IS ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO CLIMB IN THE WORLD!

http://www.accessfund.org/pdf/IndianCreekScopeProcess.pdf

PLEASE PEOPLE WRITE TO THE TOOL AND LET THEM KNOW WE WANT MINIMAL IMPROVEMENTS TO THE CREEK AND THE BIG BEEF BASIN AREA.

AND GLEN FROM ESTES PARK DID A HUGE PART IN RUINING IT FOR ALL!! THANKS FOR YELLING AT THE BLM RANGER GLEN! HE IS CURRENTLY AT SMITH IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO THANK HIM PERSONALLY.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont need to be against it. it really is inevitable. it is a comment period to where you can voice your concerns and desires with the future development of the area, ie climbing and camping and access. the area is an amazing setting wheter it be for climbing, hiking, camping, mtn biking, exploring anything!!!!!!!!!! the landscape from afar seems so devoid of life, but up close it is everywhere, the plants and animals that inhabit the area are amazing creatures year in, year out surviving the both ends of the spectrum. it is a hardy land. in reality most of the current activites are 10 fold worse then climbing, but we bring no revenue, we have a "wild and escoteric" past so the blm is and will target climbers as a resource. cattle grazing has done more to ruin the natural enviroment in the canyonlands then all the climbers, hikers, jeepers, etc. could even dream of. think of entire canyons with juniper and a small stream. the blm rolls through with 2 d-9 cats with a pice of 2" chain betweem them and "chains" the entire canyon. they drag the chain across the trees to uproot them. then they come through and dose those out of the way and plant grases. granted this form of destruction is currently in limited use, the current landscape of the canyonlands has been shaped by this. and on top of that campers cannot burn the "chained" wood.

one issue that needs to be addressed like 10 years ago is a bathroom factilites. currently you go shit in a scat hole and walk away. around the major campgrounds this is making the surronding area into a land mine of shit. also breaking down soils and what not. i personally look for the test shafts for mining scoping and shit in them. makes sense to me!!!

read over the pdf, print it out and think about it. i can in no way convey my personal feelings for the area as it grows every time i visit.

thanks!