Jman

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by klenke:
The Gap's clothing is for wannabe outdoor enthusiasts...or sorority girls looking for just the right type of flashy gear to stand out on campus.

Yeah, TNF, Patagonia, MH, OR, BD, etc. plaster their labels on things so .... we know we're safe in "gear for extreme conditions", not so everyone knows we're "wannabe outdoor enthusiasts. " rolleyes.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by max:

Yeah, TNF, Patagonia, MH, OR, BD, etc. plaster their labels on things so .... we know we're safe in "gear for extreme conditions", not so everyone knows we're "wannabe outdoor enthusiasts. "
rolleyes.gif" border="0

max, seeing you are from boulder, i woud think that the wannabe status was tattoed on your forehead??? right next to r.a.d.o.!!!!

commercialization is bogus, but the shear fact that people wear this shit(me too) is not grounds for execution....well maybe in some senses it is, but we need to talk to bone about that.

im glad you left our state!!

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: erik ]

quote:

Okay, here's the joke (irony) of the GAP clothing:No climber-type would shop at The Gap. The Gap's clothing is for wannabe outdoor enthusiasts...or sorority girls looking for just the right type of flashy gear to stand out on campus.

Other than that, I have no problem with your thankful post, Jman. I'd do the same, perhaps, if something sentimental to me was lost. In fact, it has happened to me...even recently....very, very recently.

quote:

Okay, here's the joke (irony) of the GAP clothing:No climber-type would shop at The Gap. The Gap's clothing is for wannabe outdoor enthusiasts...or sorority girls looking for just the right type of flashy gear to stand out on campus.

Heh, I have never worn Gap until the other day. I found myself stuck in the lab at night during that snowstorm, and I wanted to go outside and peg some frat boys with snowballs, build some snow cocks, standard stuff... I didn't have a jacket, hat, or gloves at the time, so I took a Gap bag I found lying around and poked one of the corners into the other for the instant hat/hood. Kept me quite cozy.