Enchantments circuit Oct. 7

Norman_Clyde

I'll be making a loop around the Enchantments from Aasgard down to Snow Lakes on Tuesday, with diversionary tours to various 3rd class objectives as time and weather permit. I anticipate leaving Seattle early, probably leaving a bike at one end of the trail or the other. Anyone in the mood for a fast tour is invited. grin.gif

Edited by Norman_Clyde

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OO. OO. I just did a loop that compares to that. I went in past Trout lake and Copper lake, past Heart and Big Heart, and up to Chetwood where I bivied. Today, I went up and over Iron Cup and over to the head of teh Necklace Valley and down the necklace valley. It was a great cruise. The scenery is almost as good as the Enchantments. Took ice ax, crampons and climbing shoes just to weigh me down but did not use any of it..

N,

I assume you already know that the Colchuck TH is officially closed while the bridge is being replaced between 8mile TH and Colchuck TH, and that there is a mostly uncontrolled blaze burning nearby at Crystal Creek and down to Ingalls Creek. It will be smoky, be careful and all of that! blush.gif

sweet, i just did that a few weeks ago, climbing all the peaks on both sides of the valley. watch your back tho, junior rangers are over there on the road to the bridge and wielding ticket books. but they are all old and can easily be outrun, probably the only reason i didnt get any fines.