Weekdays at Peshastin and Icicle

Jim

I had the opportunity to teach kids climbing for the past couple of days on the east side. It was great to get over there during the week. Haven't climbed at Peshastin for a couple of years - what a funny place.

Found some time to lead up a couple routes Fakin It (or Making it?) on Sunset, and some two pitch thing on the east end of Martin (5.8?).

But it was a blast teach these middle school kids. Their emotions - fear, pure joy, and energy are just all over the place. Fun in the sun. Off to Alaska and the Seward Penninsula for work this weekend - that will be a change.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim said:

I had the opportunity to teach kids climbing for the past couple of days on the east side. It was great to get over there during the week. Haven't climbed at Peshastin for a couple of years - what a funny place.

Found some time to lead up a couple routes Fakin It (or Making it?) on Sunset, and some two pitch thing on the east end of Martin (5.8?).

But it was a blast teach these middle school kids. Their emotions - fear, pure joy, and energy are just all over the place. Fun in the sun. Off to Alaska and the Seward Penninsula for work this weekend - that will be a change.

thumbs_up.gif

Wow, that's great.

My wife is a middle school science teacher and her school takes the kids environmental ed camping trips in the fall and spring. So I donate a couple of days helping out. It's parents and friends helping out - I think we had 10 topropes going in Icicle yesterday. One of the parents had climbed K2!!! Dang.

You might ask at the gyms in town as they have different groups come in. Could be some help needed with one of those. Good luck.