Kelty Cloud 6500 Pack vs Wild Things Andinista

erewhon

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think really that both these packs are way overpriced. price should always be a factor. becuase in the end, it is not the pack, the cams, the rope or the shoes in which allows you to climb, it is you.

i have a nozone in which i paid nearly nothing for. makes for a good pack. its only drawback the fabric is way lite, it gets holes in it. anyone tell you different then they dont climb.

i would buy something with more long term realiability. the lighter fabrics are not this.

I did some inadvertent backpack testing in the Dolomites. On one climb we took an REI pack, about 2000 or 2500 cubic inches. Follower climbed with it. It sucked. The pack would restrict my movements, keep me from looking up, etc, etc. On the other climbs we took my hommade daypack (oops, sorry Beck, rucksack), frameless, about the same size. It climbed leaps and bounds better than the frame pack. Absolutely no comparison.

Hence, IMHO, unless you are carrying skis on it, no daypack should have a frame. If you know how to pack em, they carry extremely well. Of course, if you're stupid and don't pack them well, they weight your shoulders more than necessary. It comes down to what you want to use it for.

true in many regards, no daypack sized pack needs a frame and will climb better as a result (my 15 year old ruck climbs better than my Bora 30 with framesheet and loadlifter suspension (which I bought for 10 bucks, Erik!

but a 5,000 CU with a framesheet and stays will greatly benefit the user unless they are carrying a bunch of pillows or something..

and I forgot, that BD throws in a plastic sheet now with the ice pack in their foam pad mix, my apologies... it isn't really a suspension as it isn't suspended like when you look at the front wheels of your car or a I or E frame backpack... but it is a Frameshat or whatever the poster said, my mistake.