Partner for Harvey's Pup?

adrianburke

I'm looking for a partner to climb Harvey's Pup in Vancouver, BC next weekend (Sep. 7?). Could possibly do it the following weekend, but prefer next weekend.

Harvey's Pup is a 2 hour hike in from Lion's Bay, with 10-12 pitches up to 10a. See the Alpine Select from Elaho Publishing for details.

Looking for someone fast and competent on gear. I can lead every pitch if necessary, but would rather swing leads.

PM me if you're interested.

Adrian

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to wreck your plans, but Harvey's Pup is behind a Forestry Closure line right now due to extreme fire hazard. Closure is in place until at least September 14, possibly longer if we don't get significant rainfall.

If you find a partner, make sure they'd be able to post bail. Penalties for violating the closure run to $10,000 fine and 6 months at Club Fed, so maybe go bowling or something instead.

Yeah.... just shows how desperate I am to climb! I was in Red Rocks in April, the Sierras in July, did Widowmaker and Life on Earth at the end of July. Then haven't climbed anything at all in August! Not climbing in August in BC is a sin - and bloody frustrating.

That was pretty absent minded of me... crazy.gif