Goals

carolyn

When I first started climbing I had a specific goal in mind. In order to reach that goal I knew there were things i needed to learn. As I have learned or begun to learn some of those things I have become a bit sidetracked with my initial goal.I have no problem being sidetracked, because I am having a blast with it and discovering aspects of climbing I never thought I would have interest in.

As I brought up in a thread a while back, I think its important for me to determine my short and long term goals . Doing this might thelp me identify values/ethics I hold (ie/if I want to climb a .14 than I probly need to accept the gym as a training tool, falling needs to be okay with me, etc).

The only goals I can identify at the moment are to have fun (absolute MUST!), challenge myself and learn from every climbing experience, as well as get myself to a point where I am consistant, confident/independant with my climbing. I often say, "when I get to this 'grade' I will be satisfied. Yet I find the further I work myself up ont he grades (in a consistant manner), the further I want to go. The more I climb, the more I want to learn.

I understand goals are flexible and mine will change as I learn more.

I guess I just wonder if others have goals, what they might be.Do they change often. And, How do your goals affect your ethics/beliefs around climbing?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic