cascadeclimbers to the rescue

Texaswall

I have been fairly active on cascadeclimbers attempting to secure a partner for July 10 & 11 at Squamish. I had numerous folks contact me, but I ended up getting a lift from Sea-Tac from Ed_Hobbick. Somehow pulling ourselves away from Vancouver (my first time in Canada), we enjoyed great weather at the Chief campground and Ed was a super partner, following 15 pitches without hesiatation in a day and a half. Ed proved the wiser when he announced that it was time to drink beer and rest crack-addled feet before taking me back to Sea-Tac for a function at Fort Lewis.

Though I don't know when I'll see the PNW again (I am looking for employment in the region), I'll likely maintain an interest in cascadeclimbers. There's too much humor and good-natured (albeit brutal) spray happenin'

Marvin bigdrink.gif

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to imagine getting jumped when the campground is at capacity. The only drunk people I encountered were Ed and I!

For those curious, we did Diedre, Bottom Line, and Calculus Crack, twice letting parties pass us on the approach in exchange for beta. Amazingly, a helpful guide who pointed out the way on Calculus was taking a couple that seemed a little challenged at the bottom all the way up Calculus and Squamish Buttress. The weather, however, was perfect and the granite immaculate. I do regret not getting Snake before I left.

As for grades (another thread I know), Squamish seemed a little soft. The runouts (see Bottom Line) weren't too bad having started climbing at Enchanted Rock, TX.

The IPA at Howe Sound Brew was disappointing (terrible)...fell back on LGDs the next day. $8-9 US for a six-pack of lowly lager though!

Texaswall said:

The IPA at Howe Sound Brew was disappointing (terrible)...fell back on LGDs the next day. $8-9 US for a six-pack of lowly lager though!

Ya the Brew Pub sux. Everyone hates it but PEOPLE KEEP GOING THERE wtf??

But you musta got ripped paying $9US for a 6er of LGD cause I can buy a sixer of micro brew for $9 Canadian bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif