Full Moon Wierdness - a 36hr Work T.R.

carolyn

Work started out kind of wierd yesterday for a number of reasons.

In the evening I pitched my tent under a beautiful full moon along with a group of 6 kids who have add/adhd and a few other staff. After the kids went to bed (or into their tents at least), I went back to the office to finish up some odds and ends. I returned around 12:30am. Of course a few of the kids were still awake. Typical.

Eventually start falling asleep around 1:30/2am. In the distance I hear the noise of an animal, but couldnt quite comprehend what it was. Suddenly I hear one of the girls yell out, "WHATS THAT?!?!?" I open my eyes (head at the door of my tent) to two shiny eyes staring right at me...."What the fuck?!?!" "Get outta here!" It then proceeds to the girls tent and tries to work its way under. I clap my hands and yell. It runs. Now I can go back to bed. cool.gif

Of course the noise is off in the distance again. One of the girls says it sounds cute...like a cat purring. Ack! I just want to sleep. rolleyes.gif Cant sleep. I know its going to come back. Kids are awake, all excited and full of giggles.

Noise gets louder...louder...LOUDER! Sounds like its flying over us, running around us...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! madgo_ron.gif

I tell em to stay in their tents as I get out of mine to see what the commotion is.

Baby raccoon, not nearly the size of my cat. It tries running up a tree, makes it about two feet, slides down. Tries to fit into a hole next to the tree, screeching at the top of its lungs....dodges past me, around some tents...and meets up with its Posse. Not just one...not just two..but five fricken' brotha's/sista's.

They surrounded us as we tried to get the group up and out to another location. Often times, trying to run towards us. Geezus! All the while, a number of the kids antagonizing them in hopes they will get to touch one.

We eventually move to another location w/o injury . Mosquitoes are horrendous. I toss, I turn. I give up on sleep. I decide to go for a walk and have a smoke. I came accross a buck on the other side of a fence. We have a stare down and suddenly it lets out a gigantic growl/hiss, turns toward me and BAM!!!!!!!!!! Smacks into the fence. yelrotflmao.gif It runs away unharmed (or so I hope). At the same time jack the rabbit and his friends are out hopping around me.....off in the distance I spot a fox lounging in the grass.

It was like 'disneyland in hell'!!!!

Its now been nearly 36 hrs with maybe an hour or so nap. cantfocus.gif I was stoked to pass out as soon as I got home. That is until I heard this unfamiliar, yet familiar noise....

A damn cricket.

In my apartment.

I cant seem to catch it...and it wont shut up! cry.gif

I think its just time to start drinkin myself silly. Eventually ones body has to give in despite its surroundings, eh? bigdrink.gif

Hail to the full moon and all the wierdness it brings our way!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

catbirdseat said:

I take it that you will not be joining us in the Chat Room tonight?

Depends

One beer down, five more to go...

Ive already come to the conclusion Im never gonna get the cricket. My cat is being no help, as she lounges on the couch. rolleyes.gif