attn: bibler i-tent owners/users

minx

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree with Lummox...with a rack like that you have to, but seriously. I use mine year round and am usually only in it for weekend trips. If it is that bad out, I'm not out there or I'm on my way out to the car and then to the bar.

I suppose if you were using it for longer trips....it would be useful. bigdrink.gif

I have an Eldorado (bigger version of the I-Tent) and a vestibule for it. The door on the vestibule is very awkward because of the curved zip. It's barely extends to the ground too so it keeps the weather off not out.

I took it on one long trip (4 wks) but left it behind on the last one (also 4 wks), we only used it on routes not as our main BC tent. I think I'd opt for cooking in the tent provided you don't consider this too hazardous and ditch the vestibule.

I also have a 2-dr Eldorado. I like the vestibule for 2 reasons:

I can easily toss my pack in it when it's raining or snowing, but a large trash bag would accomplish the same purpose. Also, I feel I get better ventilation with the vestibule because I can leave one door of the tent unzipped much more when it's raining or snowing.

So, when it's all said and done, I think it's a toss up when considering the weight to benefit ration. But, mine came with a vestibule for a sweet low price and I couldn't really pass it up.