Breakfast on Bachelor TR

kurthicks

With everyone I know being occupied this morning, i decided to head up to Bachelor for a nice little hike. The alarm sounded mighty early at 2:30, so I hit the snooze...more about that later. I headed out and got to the ski area at 4am. Under beautiful clear skies and stars, I hit the trail at 4:15--up the true wilderness that the mountain is. cantfocus.gif The snow was pretty icy though, I'm guessing from yesterday's rain, so the crampons went on.

I passed the Pine Martin lodge at 4:55am. making pretty good time, but the sun was creeping up on me. I hit a little of rock above the lodge and debated about taking off the crampons, but sunrise was close and I wanted to be on the summit for it.

The sun finally came up and I was less than 10 minutes from the summit...damn that snooze bar! I hit the summit at 5:45am. Plenty of photos were taken as the clouds were somewhat parted. I could only see north to Jeff and to the south I could kind of make out Thielson for a few minutes. Hung out for 45 minutes and had a breakfast consisting of trailmix, bananas, and snickers on top all by myself, there wasn't even another car in any of the parking lots--no surprise really. Headed down and was back at the car by 7:15am, a three hour trip. if only my snowboard wasn't in storage up north...oh what it could have been. it still rockband.gif though.

a view of sunrise:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/showphoto.php?photo=888

and South Sister:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/showphoto.php?photo=889

Time to head off to Smiff... thumbs_up.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic