Cashmere Mountain TR

Dustin_B

A friend and I scrambled up Cashmere on Saturday. 12.5 hours, ~5500 ft (with up and down), ~15 miles (I'd guess). I was exhausted when we got back to the trailhead, but it was a great conditioning hike. Left Seattle at 5 AM, left trailhead at 8 AM, hit snow at 6,000 feet just before Lake Caroline, summit at 3 PM, back at trailhead at 8:30 PM. Snow was very consolidated, we took snow shoes and used them but not really necessary. Rock was dry and fun scrambling. Clouds blew in on descent (~100 vis for 1000 ft or so). Saw no one above ~5000 ft which was cool. Great views of Triple Couloirs and Stuart from top. I'll post photos when I get a chance.

Sunday climbed a little in Lworth (Mad Meadows and Playground something) and drove home. Good weekend! bigdrink.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job. I saw your tracks on Monday when I went in for the same route. There was group of 5 who climbed Cashmere on Monday but I never saw them. I must have passed them in the trees. There was also another group that stated in the register at the summit that they were going to ski the North Face of Cashmere but there were no tracks that I could see. Too bad, it would have been a good ski... Good conditioning hike/climb...

Beautiful day on Monday. Warm and sunny. The snow as a little sloppy at times. I left the car at 9am and was back at 6pm.

Mental Note: I should have brought my skis. An incredible area for a backcountry tour.

Thanks for the TR. I went in yesterday and enjoyed the scramble on the summit ridge. I also liked the little orienteering course getting from Lake Caroline to the basin below Windy Pass (since previous tracks had melted away). It's also neat how far away the mountain looks from Lake Caroline. It looks like a 3/4 scale replica of Stuart seen from Longs Pass at that vantage.

The snow hadn't frozen overnight, so I experienced a few trapdoors. I have destroyed the few sections of snow on the ridge climb by trying to walk on them. I met some Cc'ers heading in for a climb Sunday. bigdrink.gif