Soft shell bibs

fleblebleb

Alrighty, it's the weekend, I'm in town with a ton of work to do, you suckers owe me some entertainment here. What should we debate?

I know, let's play gear geek! What are the coolest soft shell bibs out there?

I have an old pair of fleece bibs, made of something called ultrafleece by Mountain Equipment in the UK, with nylon butt and knee patches. I've had them since '97, they are hands down better than my Marmot goretex shell pants and Mammut Schoeller pants for climbing in winter. It's something about bibs that breathe and keep the snow off...

Anyways, I bet there are some really cool Schoeller bibs out there now, if you're willing to pay an arm and a leg. Anybody have some? Ibex ones maybe, or the ones Cloudveil used to make? Fess up, are they the absolute shit for winter?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought some scholler wb-400 bibs this spring and have found them indespensible for ski mountaineering- I wore them last weekend on Mount Hood for early morning uphill slog- 4 way stretch, very stretchy, 30% stretch, like a tight. rainbow butt, 4 sliders, high torso all around for wear as a stand alone piece, big chest pockets/ scholler dryskin top to aid breathability.

bought them for $175 and tax. they were closeout, so currently unavailable.