Nees new rope

highclimb

i need a new rope(s). i have thought about buying a half(double..your prefrence)rope system just because it reduces rope drag, put less impact force on your gear and is less likely to have a system failure. i was thinking of the bluewater Exellence.

any suggestiong?

disagree?

input?

all is welcome

thanks

Aidan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally vote for 70m ropes less pitches and you can top rope all that nasty climbing at index

though i also put my vote in for bd's twin ropes 9mx60 very durable ropes they last almost a year

look at that i voted twice does it still count can anyone determine my intent

I have a set of BW Excellence ropes too, for ice and alpine. I'd agree with DanE they do seem to be rather prone to tangling.

I bought BW because their dry proofing system is supposed to be pretty good. My Mammut ropes didn't seem to stay dry for too long.

I have a seet of doubles: Mammut 50 Meter 8.6 mm dry ropes

I love them. In the mountains, I often just carry one in and double it up, having the leader tie in to both ends and having the second tie into an eight-on-a-bight at the halfway mark. So light!

My friend just bought a set of PMI 8.1 mm doubles (which are, to my knowledge, the smallest millimeter rope available which passes the double-rope test as opposed to being a twin-rope set). They're dry and super-light.

I don't know if my mammuts will lose their dryness as some other folks indicated happened to them.

Once you start climbing on doubles, you'll probably be hooked.

good luck