Climbing in central Asia: Khan Tengri

abhimanyu

I am planning to climb one of the 7000 ers in Central Asia , like Khan Tengri , Peak Pobeda, Muztagh Ata this summer( July, Aug) and was keen on teaming up with individual(s) with similar objectives and background. I have climbed numerous 6000 ers in Indian Himalayas , Aconcagua, Mckinley, have done basic and Advanced mountaineering courses and feel I have the necessary skill set to take on these Asian Giants. Information pertaining to route , logistics, prices, guides would also be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.atp.com.pk/expeditions/ Adventure Tours Pakistan and www.jasminetours.com/ Jasmine Tours (their site is currently down) both have good reputations and low prices. They provide services to base camp only, which saves a ton of money. I don't know if you want something fully guided to the summit or not, but a friend of mine in Chicago used Jasmine on a Mutztagh Ata Ski Mountaineering trip and was extremely happy. The standard route on Mutztagh Ata, the southwest slopes, is long and nontechnical, like the normal route on Aconcagua. Don't know anything about Khan Tengri or Pobeda.

Why don't you try posting this on K2.net or Summitpost.com, you might get some better responses.

Edited by Sabertooth