An Evening with Eric Simonson

sobo

Eric Simonson will be giving a presentation on his team's research of the Mallory-Irvine North Ridge Everest expedition of 1924. The event is a fundraiser for Central Washington Mountain Rescue so we can buy a new truck for the unit (we're getting a deal from local auto sales outfits, but it's still not cheap).

The event is at the Capitol Theater in Yakima on May 22 at 7:00 pm. If anyone's around this way then, please drop on in and help us get the new rig by buying a ticket or two. Tickets are $12, or $14 at the door, and are available at the following locations:

Hyperspud & Sporthaus, Yakima

REI, Kennewick

Arlberg Sports, Wenatchee

Mountain High, Ellensburg

All proceeds after expenses go to the unit towards the purchase of a new rig. Eric will hang out afterwards for a booksigning ( Ghosts of Everest and Detectives of Everest )

I know it's a long haul for you Westsiders, but I hope some of you Eastsiders can make it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

iain said:

definitely money going to a good cause, but doesn't Simonsen ever get sick of talking about that thing? seems like he's been at it for a few years now

Well, one of our unit members has a friend in Seattle that knows Eric, and they got to talking, and voila!, we got a commitment from him to do the show. We were looking for someone or something that would have a good crowd draw, material that was already prepared or would be easy to prepare so we could go to ad quickly, and was within the financial ability of our target audience. Eric's show fit the criteria, and was a major reason of why we got him. He asked very little of CWMR in return, which was an extra perk. I know that I'll be attending. I hope some of you all can, too.

...sobo grin.gifbigdrink.gifwave.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It's been 10 days; time to bring this back to the top...

Eric Simonson presentation on Mallory-Irvine expedition, a Central Washington Mountain Rescue fundraising event for a new rescue vehicle.

The show is next week, May 22 at 7:00 pm, in the Capital Theatre in Yakima. Tickets available at the door for 14 clams if you can't get them beforehand.

TIA for not spraying on this re-advertisement. grin.gifwave.gif

Last time to the top for this.

Show's tomorrow night. Tickets: $14 at the door, if ya haven't already got one.

We've got all our expenses covered now (~$2,000), so every ticket sale is pure profit towards the new vehicle. thumbs_up.gif