SMITH ROCK

skyclimb

Dru said:

yeah moresoupial mountaineering rox snaf.gif its fully alpine up there snaf.gif you might even see a snafflehound somewhere snaf.gif

Get this. last night i was catching a drink the the local waterhole, when i over hear this guy sitting behind me, obviously out of his wits from the long day climbing.

He is telling his friend about the white rabbit he saw at the marsupials. Yes people that is correct. A real live fucking rabbit.Tell me true alpine style ascents don't get luckier than this? Hopefully in the next few years i will get this lucky! Only with lots of dedication of course. rockband.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skyclimb said:

student wall and the reproductive Wall. I am wondering if this area is all trad, or if routes are bolted?? Also other areas around the monument and upstream that are good bolted routes. Watts book is becoming outdated in some regards, so curious as to the bolting/sport situation in these LESS FREQUENTED areas of smith.

Get wit the program man...the best scenery is in the Dihedrals and Morning Glory area. cantfocus.gif

I mean, for what other reason would you climb at Smith? yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifwave.gif

TimL said:

skyclimb said:

student wall and the reproductive Wall. I am wondering if this area is all trad, or if routes are bolted?? Also other areas around the monument and upstream that are good bolted routes. Watts book is becoming outdated in some regards, so curious as to the bolting/sport situation in these LESS FREQUENTED areas of smith.

Get wit the program man...the best scenery is in the Dihedrals and Morning Glory area. cantfocus.gif

I mean, for what other reason would you climb at Smith? yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifwave.gif

LOL, yeah so are the crowds on a saturday, get with the program man.

I remember one guy being too stoned to lead the first pitch of that disputed numbers three pitch thing, and one girl being too sick and feeble to do anything any good. She got a real bad cold from the stoned guy. I also remember some Canadians waving from on top of some rock thing traverse they were hiking on.

Then I made steaks and we all drank beer with Anna. One of the Canadians started telling a story which made the other Canadian and the other guy they brought run for cover. By the time the one Canadian was done we wished we had done the same.

That one Canadian really long story guy eats peaches right out of the can. Radical.

That was all last year though.

skyclimb said:

many years ago, and for some wierd reason i can't find the exit. Just a spinning tunnel, of choas, rock, ice, and naked penguins trying to seduce me. Can anyone relate?? wave.gif

tell those penguins you are just ice cream.

skyclimb said:

Dru said:

yeah moresoupial mountaineering rox snaf.gif its fully alpine up there snaf.gif you might even see a snafflehound somewhere snaf.gif

Get this. last night i was catching a drink the the local waterhole, when i over hear this guy sitting behind me, obviously out of his wits from the long day climbing.

He is telling his friend about the white rabbit he saw at the marsupials. Yes people that is correct. A real live fucking rabbit.Tell me true alpine style ascents don't get luckier than this?

Feh. There's marmots in Cocaine gully, true fact. Seen 'em on the descent from Zeb./Zion a few years back. White rabbits, shmite shmabbits!