Entiat river road access ?

Eric_Rayl

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good trip and is certainly possible--especially as a loop trip going up North Fork Entiat River and then coming back via the Main Fork Entiat River or visa versa. The N. Fork trailhead is over 3,000 feet up, but if you did the loop you'd likely park at the road junction near North Fork Campground. This is at around 2,700 ft or lower.

I have climbed Cardinal, Emerald, and Saska. The last of these would be easy at any time of year on its south side (from near the pass/saddle) and may provide for an enjoyable though short ski descent. Cardinal and Emerald have exposure near their tops. To get atop Cardinal, the route is circuitous if going up the broad west scree slope to the saddle north of the true summit. The easiest way up Emerald is via the west/WNW side. There is slabby exposure near the top.

I have not been up Pinnacle Mountain. 90% chance I'll do that one this summer.

The entiat mountains area is absolutely awesome. Looks like so many great spring touring possibilities back there. Have any of you done north star? I was thinking of taking the long tour over spider gap and through the lyman lakes to do that. Looks like a fantastic ski.