ice near leavenworth

JoshK

Hey all...in case anybody is really itching to climb some ice, and is willing to take on a little adventure:

When hiking up and down the 8-mile road this weekend, I noticed tons of water ice across the valley. Granted, not all of it was fat, but there definitely looked to be some pitches that would be worth checking out if I had the time. In any event, they can easily be seen by walking up that road, but to get to the climbs a bushwhack up the drainage might be the easiest. Then again, maybe hiking up the road, scoping them out, then dropping down into the drainage and back up might be better.

Anyway, that's my totally useless bit of beta. I just found it interesting to see so much ice everywhere this weekend. The last week or so of melt-and-freeze seems to have done some good.

happy exploring. bigdrink.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cool. those flows are well known and provide some fun climbing to WI4 w/ easy approach and usually better ice than Hubba Hubba et al. I think there are around 10 named routes in there right now; we tried to sort it all out in the guide, but its hard to know if we got it all since those things are so accessible and have been climbed on for years.

Alex

Yeah, and I could see them getting mixed up quite easily as there are lots of them and they are not all that easily distinguishable. Looked like some good fun to be had. I would imagine that the 'whack up the drainage might be kind of a pain, huh?