Sehale Glacier June crevasses?

I'm planning a tour later this week up the Sehale arm in NCNP, maybe skiing down in the gullies above Doubtful Lake if we feel like it. From what I've heard, the snowpack seems to endure into late season. Anyone know what Sehale Glacier is/has been like this June or in Junes past? Are crevasses something to worry about this early?

Thanks!

-Nat

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the sahale glacier goes down from near summit west to boston basin.  Doubtful lake is on the other side of sahale so you would be on that really small pocket glacier (maybe not glacier) that is just southwest of summit.

while I am hesitant to ever recommend anyone be on a glacier unroped,  sahale is pretty filled in during june. 

if you approach sahale from the arm and plan on descending the sahale glacier, be prepared for a short rappel from summit to get to the glacier.  or a 5.4 downclimb.

This is the "FreshSat Cloudfree" overlay available in GaiaGPS: (Cascade pass in the bottom left and Sehale Arm along the left of the image are discernable by the light green tracks.)

image.png.f2ee22036c2e490b7b92d0f53ec3fd57.png