Skills Review in Seattle/Climbing Partners

Bella Walz

Hello everyone,

Last summer I took the American Alpine Institute's Leadership and Mountaineering course (Part 1) and I would love to connect with some fellow mountain climbers in the area. Unfortunately, all of my peers in the class were from out-of-state, so I have been left partnerless. We summited Baker and Eldorado Peak (pictured below). Fire season kept us from finishing some of our other pursuits along the North Cascade HWY. I would love to join a rope team this spring/summer on some entry-level climbs if anyone has room. My experience so far has been on three and four-person rope teams. I work as an ICU nurse, so my work schedule is flexible. Although, week-day trips work best, as I work every-other weekend.  

I am also looking to get together with a peer, or a group of peers, on a once/twice a month basis to review different skills (self-rescue, anchor building, knots, etc.) Would anyone else be interested in meeting up in Seattle to exchange some knowledge and review some skills? 

IMG_1314_Original.jpg

• Like 1

So awesome @Bella Walz, glad you are here and looking to connect with folks.  I have met some of the greatest partners in the world through this site and I wish you luck.

This winter I have been scanning old prints from decades ago when I was a new climber- full of the fire I can see in your face in the photo above.  Hold onto that for as long as you can!

• 1 month later...

It sounds like we have similar levels of experience and I am also searching for folks in the Seattle area to make a good rope team this summer. I have a preference for weekdays as well. Let me know if you’re interested in discussing things!