Rainier DC or Emmons--Mid-Late June 2024: Looking for Partners

bjmeale

Hello all!

I'm from Virginia, but I will be visiting the PNW this coming June for the six day course on Mount Baker with Alpine Ascents International, and I would like to follow this up with 1-3 Volcano ascents using some of the skills I learn on that trip. My course is from June 9th-14th, and I will likely be flying out on the 26th or so. I'm looking for people to potentially do Rainier with via the DC or Emmons route, preferably via the DC. If you are interested in doing Rainier between roughly the 16th and the 26th of June, feel free to reach out and we can coordinate! I know this is a long way away but I'm trying to figure out plans earlier rather than later.

Edited by bjmeale
Pluralized "Partner"

• bjmeale changed the title to Rainier DC or Emmons--Mid-Late June 2024: Looking for Partners
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just be willing to shift to non-volcanoes if the weather dictates.  You'll want a bomber forecast with low winds to make Rainier fun and safe. June is not known for good weather, but there are always east side alternatives during that time of year (Enchantments, WA Pass, etc.).

This is a good source for your Rainier weather planning:  https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=SEW&product=REC

1 hour ago, JasonG said:

Just be willing to shift to non-volcanoes if the weather dictates.  You'll want a bomber forecast with low winds to make Rainier fun and safe. June is not known for good weather, but there are always east side alternatives during that time of year (Enchantments, WA Pass, etc.).

This is a good source for your Rainier weather planning:  https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=SEW&product=REC

Yeah I have a few backup plans if weather is bad for certain peaks, mostly just sightseeing related stuff. I'm mainly doing the trip for the course, anything else I get to do is really extra.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 2:51 PM, Tim Clarke said:

Hi BJ,

I’m looking for someone to climb the DC route with during that time. I’ve had the most success with a deliberate approach so I would prefer a 3-day assent. If that sounds interesting to you, please respond by email. 

Tim

Just messaged you! I'd be open to a 3 day ascent