Snow Coverage in the Tatoosh?

nonanon

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Paradise Monday and the snow was really good there, and powder about 2 feet deep out of wind exposed areas. The Tatoosh looked pretty well snow covered, and the freezing level will be low and the weekend will be nice and the road was good. It may be thinnish as like what it would be December but coverage was still good. I think it would be a good trip.

TTT bigdrink.gif

The FreshieQuest was a Success. bigdrink.gif

There was plenty of snow in the Tatoosh. It was snowing when we pulled in Friday afternoon. It started to clear just after we’d set up camp, so we did some cocktail runs on the slopes East of Reflection Lks. Powder, turns, smiles. Saturday dawned clear and cold to bluebird skies, windless climbing in shirtsleeves and more powder everywhere. Pow in the chutes below and to skier’s right of the Castle. Pow in the treelines leading back to camp. Pow on the ridgetops. A new benchmark in bc days for me. I skied until I couldn’t hardly stand up anymore and limped back into camp around 4:20. Sunday, we got in one long run on the NE side of the Unicorn, I think... Would love to of explored more but the visibility was going South and we had to drag our camp back to the trailhead. It was snowing heavily down to the park entrance as we drove away.