• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
nonanon

Snow Coverage in the Tatoosh?

Some friends are talking about doing a weekender there, but I was thinking it might be a bit thinnish.

Anybody been up there lately?

TIA, JP snaf.gif

I went to Paradise Monday and the snow was really good there, and powder about 2 feet deep out of wind exposed areas. The Tatoosh looked pretty well snow covered, and the freezing level will be low and the weekend will be nice and the road was good. It may be thinnish as like what it would be December but coverage was still good. I think it would be a good trip.

TTT bigdrink.gif

Thanks, T3.

I'll go party in the snow then. bigdrink.gif

Mini no more! rockband.gif

Edited by nonanon

The FreshieQuest was a Success. bigdrink.gif

There was plenty of snow in the Tatoosh. It was snowing when we pulled in Friday afternoon. It started to clear just after we’d set up camp, so we did some cocktail runs on the slopes East of Reflection Lks. Powder, turns, smiles. Saturday dawned clear and cold to bluebird skies, windless climbing in shirtsleeves and more powder everywhere. Pow in the chutes below and to skier’s right of the Castle. Pow in the treelines leading back to camp. Pow on the ridgetops. A new benchmark in bc days for me. I skied until I couldn’t hardly stand up anymore and limped back into camp around 4:20. Sunday, we got in one long run on the NE side of the Unicorn, I think... Would love to of explored more but the visibility was going South and we had to drag our camp back to the trailhead. It was snowing heavily down to the park entrance as we drove away.