HEIC file support

olyclimber

With the new forum software I did some testing today and I found that the new software (or is it Apple doing it on export?), when I post an image from my iPhone (which I know is HEIC format), it posts as a jpg automatically so the Forum software renders it.   

If I share the same HEIC image to my computer and upload it from there as a HEIC, it is not converted and won't render.  Since I never had this issue I can't even remember how it was!  But if you're just using your iPhone to post a TR, then it will work seamlessly.  If you copy your iPhone pics to your computer and they are in HEIC format, you'll need to convert them first (to JPG is what I recommend), otherwise they wont render. I'll post examples here of the same photo so you see what I mean.

IMG_2293 (1).HEIC

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, olyclimber said:

With the new forum software I did some testing today and I found that the new software (or is it Apple doing it on export?), when I post an image from my iPhone (which I know is HEIC format), it posts as a jpg automatically so the Forum software renders it.   

If I share the same HEIC image to my computer and upload it from there as a HEIC, it is not converted and won't render.  Since I never had this issue I can't even remember how it was!  But if you're just using your iPhone to post a TR, then it will work seamlessly.  If you copy your iPhone pics to your computer and they are in HEIC format, you'll need to convert them first (to JPG is what I recommend), otherwise they wont render. I'll post examples here of the same photo so you see what I mean.

IMG_2293 (1).HEIC 2.78 MB · 0 downloads

AADD1070-0153-4335-874D-BD831B499E0E.jpeg.74ef7a778437ca7228d4119155af5a7a.jpeg