Charlet Moser- Quark Ergo

Lambone

My friend in Bozeman has a pair (sponsered bastard), and I had the oportunity to use them last weekend.

My thoughts: SWEET and SUPER FUN

It took a couple of laps to get the feel for the swing, which is definately different. But soon I was getting good sticks on the first swing. The clearence of the head is the best of any tool I've used.

The grip is comfy, or should I say Ergonomical. They are literaly jugs that have the perfect angle so your wrist is hardly bent. Small gloves work best.

The thing I really like about them is the choke-up feature. I would swing from this position on low angle ice, and use it to get up higher for the next swing. Plus its fun to match hands on the tool. I also really like how you can shake the blood back into your fingers at any time.

I tried the same route with my leashes, and with the Ergos, and the Ergos felt easier to hold onto, and much more comfortable on my wrists, ie. circulation! However I'm still afraid to lead on them, but think it's just a mental thing.

To sum it up, I've got another toy on my wish list... rolleyes.gif

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,

You will have to check out the new BD fusion. adjustable grip height for different size hands and a sweet swing. Then you can still use your BD picks. If you come out to CO you can probably take them for a test ride at Vail. They will be ready for retail this fall.

dale

One thing I noticed was that the tool was a lot less stable side to side than my leash set-up. It was hard to hold the pic stable when aiming. But that may just be a sign of my weakness. The Ergo's definately rock for hooking, really fun on steep hacked up road-side ice.

Dale,

I heard through the grapevine that the Fusion didn't have a good feel, i.e. balanced more funky than the Charlet. But I have never seen them. What do you think?

Matt,

although i'm probably a little bias, I thought the fusion stuck in the ice better than the ergo and doesn't pivot off the rock when matching on the upper grip. I found on steep routes and less than juggy holds the ergo would pop more often when i matched. I need more mileage on the fusion to know foresure. So far my tricked out vipers with cut hammer and matching grip is the best for all around mixed terrain because it still works great on the ice sections.

dale