• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
keenwesh

Current Snow Levels?

Anyone know where the snow starts? Was thinking about running up the Hoh valley next week and curious where the postholing will start. Snotel shows lots of snow at 4k, but can't find anything lower, and the NPS doesn't seem to answer their phones this time of year (don't blame them, only morons would be trail running in a rainforest right now).

Any other ideas for a good marathon to 50k distance that's snow free within a few hours of Olympia?

Can't wait to run on pavement to jump the fence and poach some track workouts, all in a torrential downpour. At least I won't have to wear microspikes.

You have any chickenshit that needs rototilling, Off? I haven't asked, but I'm sure Eamon is game to join!

Capitol Forest, Porter creek loop.  Up Iron creek down hell creek.  Only twenty miles or so if I recollect correctly.

On 12/21/2018 at 4:08 PM, keenwesh said:

You have any chickenshit that needs rototilling, Off? I haven't asked, but I'm sure Eamon is game to join!

If you're looking for workout work about all I've got in the hopper is wood splitting...

Did a couple runs out of the Fall creek trailhead in Capitol forest. One was in heinous rain that became grauple that became sleet and freezing wet nasty. I had fun, my buddy endured and had some fun too, I think. Didn't realize there was such good empty singletrack up there! Much shorter commute and the trees are big enough to be pretty, even though they don't compare to oldgrowth. 

• Rawk on! 1