• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
skimbleshanks

Mt. Thielsen gear requirements

In A few weeks or month or so I plan on taking my brother and a friend up Mt. Thielsen. None of us have been there and I am the most experienced climber among us. A few summits of Hood, Adams once and just summited Rainier about a week ago. From pictures I feel like I could climb it without A rope or protection. However, how I feel from a few pictures combined with the even more novice partners im going with leads me to want to bring my rope and a few pieces of gear. I am having trouble finding a good gear list. Specifically nut and hex sizes that would be appropriate?This is a climb different than I have done before and I dont really have a "rack". Thus I'm going to buy some gear and have a different friend run me through some placement techniques. I plan on running through some belay and rappell stuff with my brother and friend prior to this trip. Im looking to have a fun time, push ourselves a little bit, but most importantly get back home alive and in one piece. Thank you for your time.