• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
kylehcha

Leavenworth bouldering in Late June?

Posted (edited)

I am planning to go to Leavenworth for bouldering in Late June this year.

What would the weather be like?

And I might be going alone and need to rent pads!!! any recommendation for pad rentals?

Please advise!!!

Instagram: @kylehcha

Edited by kylehcha

It will definitely be really hot.  Night bouldering would probably be the way to go if you want to send anything.  Highs easily in the 80s and 90s, and generally a few degrees cooler if you go further up the Icicle.  I was there two weekends ago and was greasing off of all the V3s I could find in humid 75-80 degree weather, which was a slap in the face after sending V8s all winter...  It is definitely more climbable if the weather is hot but dry which is more likely but it can get pretty humid sometimes too.  Leavenworth Mountain Sports is where people rent pads from, and I think its pretty affordable.

Thanks for the advice!!! so sad that it will be hot. maybe I should re-route!

I've done some bouldering there in Jul/Aug and it can definitely be hot, but I've been able to send comfortably - as Hans mentioned try going up Icicle Creek, and there are tons of shady, forested areas.