• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mtn.climber

Sisters climb in May

I imagine something like this has been posted before, but I don't really want to go back and look thru all those, so hoping I can get some current beta

Planning on a 4-day weekend in early May, and would like to combine a couple of summits in the Sisters area. Middle/North....South/Broken Top?

Going with my son. We've done all the WA volcanoes, so have basic experience. Don't really want to rope up, but no problems with crampons/ice axe.

What do you think? Please pass along route info, and camping on the mountain.

Appreciate it.

The road to Devils lake (SS access) will be covered in snow at that time. Pole Creek road (NS access) most likely will have a long approach due to snow. If you have a sled access is much better to SS, BT and NS.

SS and MS don't require rope travel. Pretty basic. BT could be considered rope required but depending on your comfort level you might need one. There are exposed areas near the summit.

NS is often roped due to a steep traverse and summit push gully.