• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
astrov

September - Mount Olympus L.S.D. Anyone?

I have a few weeks off in September beginning 9/6 and am open to alpine objectives.

I've always wanted to climb Mount Olympus but haven't felt like knocking out the long approach in a day and gunning for the summit the next morning. So does anyone want to join me for a Long Slow Deliberate expedition style slog up to Glacier Meadows and upward? I'm assuming (having not researched it) that the route may be out of condition. If it's passable but icy, we can haul enough gear to compensate - that's the beauty of the long slow distance method.

Anyway, send me a message. I'm open to other ideas too, like kayaking, rafting, moderate trad adventure climbing ...