olyclimber

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As we were descending Asgaard, we started hearing frequent shouts echoing in the valley around 9:15 PM. At 10 PM, I talked to a guy tenting on one of the boulders on the south side of Colchuk. He pointed out the fixed light suspended maybe 500? feet above the lake around CBR. It was too dark to tell exactly where he was located but I circled his approximate area in yellow on the attached pic. Maybe he descended the gully in the middle of the circle, and just took a good tumble. The eyewitness said the injured climber had not moved for hours. Apparently a few parties were able to communicate and people went down to alert S&R. According to the news report, the injured climber activated his SPOT Beacon. We heard the helicopter around 12:30 as we hit the parking lot and the S&R ground team was hoofing it up the trail at the same time. Hell of a time for a high-angle rescue. Those S&R helicopter teams are about as badass as it gets in my IMHO. Hopefully our brother recovers well.

5424.jpg.c3af35a6ef255b7994556044b08c5e4c.jpg

Edited by SemoreJugs

...Last weekend was probably the busiest day of the year (maybe ever?) since permit season begins today. I was just one of the ungodly horde. Shit, we had 4 hours of chilling time at belays while waiting for slower parties to move their ass on Prusik. Our fault for not getting out of camp 1 hour earlier. The odds were highly in favor of someone getting served in the Enchantments this weekend.