Replacing Bolts at Broughton's Bluff and French's

mksportn

Hey all!

So I am spearheading (with Adam) a project to replace all 1/4" bolts, rusted 3/8" bolts, any bolt with a homemade hanger, and any rusted anchors at French's Dome and Broughton's Bluff. Funding has been provided by the ASCA for the bolts, and I have 200 on the way right now, as well as 100 SS rap rings.

So now what I need is climbers/developers interested in helping with replacing bolts and belaying, or that are interested in letting us borrow tools for the project (Drills, static ropes, ascenders, etc).

Also, I need to know what bolts need to be replaced at French's Dome and Broughton's Bluff if you can think of any. I noted about 115 bolts between the two cliffs that I felt should be replaced. If you can recall a route at one of those crags with bad bolts, please post below or message me.

Please message me if you are interested in helping out. The goal to have many of the new bolts in before winter, with French's being first, and then heading to Broughton. I've also talked with Jim and Adam about replacing bad bolts at Beacon as well. Kenny has agreed to put a list together.

Let me or Adam know if you are interested!

Micah

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few routes at carver could also use some love. The long 5-10c/d to the right of Smerk (accessed by a 5-8 trad crack, or by skipping Smerk's anchors to the left and instead heading up and right) has 5 ancient bolts, as does the 2 bolt 10b extension that goes to the top of the cliff. The crux bolt caught our whippers this summer but looks frankly awful. I could probably help with Carver...