Beta on linking up Red, Snoqualmie, Kaleteen

downfall

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, that sounds like what I was thinking about. That makes sense not including kaleetan. I'm assuming the whole thing is just a scramble--did you take any gear?

For Guye did you go up the normal route from alpental and then backtrack to head up snoqualmie or did you start somewhere else?

The cliff between Red and Kendall looks like the crux. Do you think its better to go that way versus the other way and downclimb the cliff versus climb up it?

Did you go up Kendall's ridge or do the normal class II scramble route?

Also now that I know this is called the commonwealth traverse found this previous thread describing it in very little detail: http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/846555/TR_guye_snoqualmie_lundin_red_#Post846555

Thanks!

Edited by downfall

In order of your questions: No gear. We climbed the south rib with a variation on guye. Climbing up that cliff would be hard...its steep and tall. We found a break in the cliff several hundred vertical feet below the ridge line that allowed us to down climb it and traverse back up to the kendall catwalk. We gained Kendall's ridge as soon as we could. We were only on the PCT for a short bit.